Wednesday, June 15, 2005

My First Tagdom!

Keridiana tagged me for a book thingie..

1. Total number of books I own?
I'd say roughly 100. I'd have a library full if I didn't have to be migratory college student and carry my house on my back.

2. The last book I bought?
Well, the last book I actually paid money for was an Anthology of World Folktales at a yard sale...my last new book was Going Postal by Terry Pratchett.

3. The last book I read?
Now, see, that's tricky. I'm usually reading three books at once, especially since I'm taking Survey of American Literature over the summer. So the last book I finished was Prodigal Summer by Barbara Kingsolver (very very good), and I'm in the middle of Salman Rushdie's Satanic Verses and Midnight's Children. Excellent, but I've never been very good with run-on sentences. Plus I keep mixing the two up.

4. Five books that mean a lot to me?
Small Gods by Terry Pratchett, Man and His Symbols by Carl Jung, American Gods by Neil Gaiman, Lake Wobegon Days by Garrison Keillor, and Brave New World by ALdous Huxley. And everything Dave Barry ever wrote. (Hah! I cheated!)

1 comment: